Make your table run more smoothly with a linen runner
There’s nothing more elegant than a table set with carefully folded napkins and luxurious tablecloths, but sometimes it can be difficult to make everything match perfectly. With many different styles of napkins and tablecloths available, it can be hard to find the perfect combination that matches your home’s decor or your party’s theme. But with the addition of a simple linen table runner, you can create the ultimate dining experience that combines form and function beautifully.
5 benefits of using a linen table runner
A linen table runner can make your table look more elegant and inviting. Additionally, it can protect your table from spills and scratches. Here are eight benefits of using them
- It makes your table look more elegant and inviting.
- It will protect your table from spills and scratches.
- It adds an attractive splash of colour to the setting.
- It will give you the ability to change up the design as often as you want without worrying about staining or damaging the fabric (linens).
- You can use it in any season or occasion without worrying about matching colours; its natural tone complements almost anything on your dining room table.
You can even mix different colours together for an eclectic, Bohemian look. And if you get tired of one design, just take it off and put on another! No need to worry about stains or tearing delicate fabrics like silk or chiffon.
How to choose the right fabric
When it comes to choosing fabric for a table runner, linen is always a good choice. It’s durable and easy to care for, which means it will last for years. Also, it has a natural elegance that can dress up any table. Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting linen for your next project.
First, pay attention to the weave: linen should be tight-woven. If you’re using pure linen, make sure the weft (or warp) threads are uniform and without slubs or variation in thickness. Second, you want a crisp hand–linen should feel crisp against your skin–and this also indicates quality.
And finally, if possible, buy it from an outlet store or secondhand store where they test quality before reselling it at bargain prices!
Safety tips when using Linen table runners in your home
- Avoid using a linen table runner on surfaces that could easily be scratched or damaged.
- Use a liner underneath your table runner to protect your table’s finish.
- Choose a design that is both stylish and functional.
- If you’re using a patterned table runner, be sure to coordinate it with the rest of your table decor.
- When not in use, store your table runner in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- To clean your table runner, simply machine washes it on the delicate cycle and then line dry it or lay it flat to air dry.
- Inspect your table runner regularly for signs of wear and tear, and take care to repair or replace it as needed to keep it looking its best.
A table runner made from linen material can make your dining experience more pleasant and elegant. Also, it can protect your table from spills and scratches. When shopping for a linen table runner, be sure to look for one that is the right size and shape for your table, and that is made of high-quality fabric. With a little care, your table runner will last for many years to come.
main photo: unsplash.com/Maite Oñate